Wednesday, March 18, 2009

VIDEO GAME ALERT!

For those who play Call of Duty: World at War online...



The new downloadable map pack will be available starting at midnight tonight. It features 4 new multiplayer maps as well as a new map for the very popular Zombie mode called Asylum. As a frequent player of Zombie mode with friends online already, I have to say that I am extremely pumped for the next couple of days. Zombies were already extremely fun and creepy with the current map and I cannot imagine how much creepier Nazi Zombies will be in a place called Asylum. Add to that the fact that the NCAA tournament starts tomorrow and there is going to be a very miniscule chance that I will vacate my couch in the coming 48 hours.

On that note, some upset picks for Thursday and Friday games in the NCAA tournament. Look for Portland St. to beat Xavier- Portland St. may be a 13 seed but it has already beaten Gonzaga this year at Gonzaga and also barely lost to another NCAA tournament team, Washington, by 1 at Washington. Another upset will be VCU over UCLA. I know this is a trendy pick in the past week but this VCU team is for real. Eric Maynor is an NBA level point guard and might be this season's version of Stephen Curry (ask Wisconsin, Gonzaga, and Kansas how good he was last year). They also have a low post banger in Larry Sanders to compliment Maynor. And VCU has done it before, defeating my beloved Blue Devils two years ago in the NCAA's. Also, look for Utah State to pull off the upset of Marquette, who have felt the loss of their point guard Dominic James to a broken foot. Utah State is 30-4 and is ranked in the top 25 despite lacking name recognition. I have them beating Missouri as well in the next round. Those are my picks and I'm sticking to them. Feel free to come back and rub my nose in it if I am completely off base.

No comments:

Post a Comment